Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Greeting the Fall in Algonquin















Fall is coming. It’s the colourful harvest season. I like the fall, but until I went to Algonquin, I didn’t know how amazing it is, and how much I loved it.

We plan this trip a month ago. On the way to Algonquin, we stopped at Huntsville. Norman Bethune’s house is there. He is the most famous Canadian in China, and is still the model philanthropy for Chinese doctors. I knew his story when I was a child.

Leaving Huntsville, we continued on our way to Algonquin. Along the highway, there were not so many leaves had turnde colour. I started to worry the trip I dreamed so long would prove to be a mistake. While approaching Algonquin I gave up that stupid thought and was shocked by the scenery. A scroll of colour opened in front of me. Green, yellow, orange, and red, all the colours rushed into my eyes. I was speechless, I just tried to take as many pictures and videos as I could. Unfortunately, when I reviewed the pictures, I found nothing could record the beautiful scene as well as my memory. The best way to feel the beauty is to go to there and be immersed in the sea of colours. We got out of the car, hiked on trails, looked for mushrooms, listened to the birds, and watched beaver’s dams. What a nice time I had!

We rested in a family lodge that night. They had camping site outside the lodge. We made a campfire and cooked dinner. It was lots of fun cooking and eating outdoors. That reminded me my childhood, while I lived with my grandmother in a small village. There was no electricity; so she had to cook over a fire, and I always helped her for the fire. That's the best part of my memory.

The next day, we still spent much time in Algonquin. All of us wanted to enjoy it longer.
The last interesting activity on the way home was climbing the Dorset Lookout Tower. It’s not very high, but it's hollow, so you can see everything under your feet. It’s a challenge. As a reward you can catch a better view scene.

Although I have already come back from Algonquin for three days, I still can’t help missing it. Algonquin in the fall is so amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment